I’m linking up again with Org Junkie for Menu Plan Monday.
As I’ve obsessed about often, despite following the Perfect Health Diet (PHD) for months now, I haven’t lost any weight. In fact I’ve been gaining. I’ve given it a lot of thought and done some scientific research and have come to a very cutting-edge hypothesis:
Maybe I should stop drinking 1/4 cup (or more) of heavy whipping cream in my coffee every day.
Far-fetched, I know, but I”m going to give it a try. I’ll let you know how it goes.
I’m trying some new recipes this week because I’m getting tired of our usual line up.
- Breakfasts: Paleo pancakes and coffee with coconut milk for me (by the way make sure to make the pancakes with ripe bananas; if your bananas are the least bit green the pancakes are yucky); Pat usually has an apple and some nuts and cheese
- Lunches: Leftovers, cold-cut “sandwiches” wrapped in lettuce
- Snacks: Cheese sticks, pistachios, fruit
- Monday: PHD Paella
- Tuesday: Roasted chicken breasts, potatoes and carrots
- Wednesday: Sweet and sour salmon
- Thursday: Salmon with homemade mayo and shredded parmesan
- Friday: Tuna with rice noodles
- Saturday: Pizza made with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten free pizza crust (perhaps not 100% PHD kosher, but close enough)
- Sunday: Butternut squash soup (The way I make it is much simpler than the recipe as written. I use frozen, pre-diced butternut squash and frozen, chopped onion.)
Actually, I probably won’t have salmon two days in a row. But I’ll make these recipes this week in some order. That’s all folks! Have a delicious week!