**Update: Some of these images are no longer showing up. I will try to fix this ASAP.**
Warm weather is finally (finally!) here. Like Lisa, I’ve tried to put some thought into the clothing I buy this summer, so I don’t run to the nearest store (LOFT) in desperation, on 50% off day (like I did last year) and buy everything in sight (resulting in about 50% duds).
A few weeks ago, the only warm weather clothes I had that (a) fit and (b) were not detestable were these:
Here are some outfits I like that I found on Pinterest:
Clearly, my most pressing issue is . . . just how often can I wear striped shirts before it gets ridiculous? Can I alternate stripes with polka dots and make that my uniform???
I’m still not sure.
But I’ve been online shopping like a mad woman.
I’ve only had 1 winner for every 9 or so losers. Such is one’s lot who lives far far away from decent shopping. Thankfully I have free return shipping for most orders. Here are some winners from my online shopping extravaganza so far:
Plus a rare thrift store win:
Pat said, “I like those shorts.” Really? Boring navy blue shorts?? Maybe because they are a size-that-shall-not-be-mentioned and I don’t look like a stuffed sausage in them.
Anyway, some losers so far:
- Shorts/crops in neutral colors
- Tank tops (preferably polka dotted!)
- Skinny belts (I’m thinking leopard and bright pink)
- Comfy, every day sandals
By the way, you should always check retailmenot.com before ordering anything online, to make sure you’re getting all the available discount codes!
What about you? Do you have a warm weather uniform put together yet?
- Style and the Stay-at-Home Mom: Building the Uniform, Part 1 (thisfelicitouslife.wordpress.com)
- Style and the SAHM: A Quest
- 7 Things I Learned While Shopping for (Inexpensive) Jeans (thisfelicitouslife.wordpress.com)
- Style and the Stay-at-Home Mom: Building the Uniform, Part 2 (thisfelicitouslife.wordpress.com)