Happy Sunday to you all!
After a tiring series of weeks, topped off by a minor kitchen fire this past Wednesday, Pat and I had a lovely one-night getaway at a B&B last night. My generous, loving in-laws took care of the girls.
I wish I got a better shot of the mountains, but here I am in front of them, in my Mass garb (this dress is an old favorite; no wrinkles ever):
Shoes are from Lands’ End (40% sale going on now).
And here’s the cool, historic inn where we had brunch (plus a husband-thumb photobomb):
Here’s a charming farmhouse we passed by on the way. Check out the cliff to the side and the river behind. My iPhone photography doesn’t do it justice, but I had to try:
Thanks to all of you who participated in my pantyhose poll last week. I’m glad I discovered the poll app; it’s just too much fun. Out of 46 votes,
- 21 (46%) said that flesh-toned pantyhose are occasional necessary evils.
- 19 (42%) said they are totally fine. (The 3 people who voted “other” (13%) seemed to be in the “totally fine” camp, so I’m including them in here.) Two of the “other” responders pointed out that Princess Kate wears them regularly, which I was happy to be reminded about.
- The smallest group, 6 (13%) said they are never a good idea.
Whew! I’m sure y’all are glad to have that issue decisively settled, as I am. 😉
Thanks to Mandi at Messy Wife, Blessed Life for guest-hosting today, and congrats to Emily of Fine Linen and Purple on her wedding yesterday! And because this post is about weekend happenings, I’m joining Mary at Atelier for her weekend diaries link up.
- Style and the SAHM: The Quest
- Style and the SAHM: Building the Uniform, Part 1
- Style and the SAHM: Getting the Support You Need
- Style and the Stay-at-Home Mom: Building the Uniform, Part 2