In the spirit of tomorrow’s holiday, here are some things I’m especially thankful for right now, in no particular order:
1. Good health! We’re several months into the school year, and the girls have not yet had a serious illness. This is a HUGE improvement over last year. I’ve been giving them daily Vitamin C and probiotic supplements. (I’ve tried colostrum powder, but the girls are princess-and-the-pea like and can detect it in their milk. Also I’d like to try cod liver oil, but I’m not optimistic about how that will play out.) Maybe the supplements have something to do with it, maybe we’ve just built up immunity. Who knows? But I am very thankful.
2. Girl 1’s imagination: it has taken off during the past six months. She entertains herself for hours at a time, which is a complete change from the previous four years of her life, during which time pestering me was her primary occupation. Plus, Girl 2 generally wants to tag along and do whatever her big sister does. So, BOTH girls can be occupied for long stretches of time with only occasional refereeing needed by me. Thank you thank you thank you God!
3. Pat’s new job: He’s been at his current job for about six months now, and it allows him to work from home. We both love the situation, and he really enjoys his work. What a blessing.
4. My family: my in-laws, who live in town, and who are so so good to us, and my parents, who live far far away but who visit frequently. We’ll be enjoying their company as you read this.
5. Speaking of your reading this: you, yes you, reading this! Thank you for reading my blog! I really appreciate it. I started this on a whim, thinking it would be satisfying to share my thoughts with the world. And it has been!
Bonus #6: Hallie at Moxie Wife and her weekly Five Favorites link up. Thanks for keeping us looking on the bright side of life every week, Hallie! (**Update: just realized there’s no linkup this week, but I’m still thankful for all the weeks when there is!)