that I’ve never seen, advice I won’t take, plus other midnight ramblings:
1. Here’s a little something for you:
Two of my favorite things: .gif images and Pride and Prejudice
2. There are lots more of both here, but
3. I loathe the “new” Pride and Prejudice* movie with a passion. The one with Keira Knightly. Hate it. Really can’t stand her acting. Looking at her gives me the heebie geebies. Does she have a sinus problem? Can she not breathe through her nose? Why can’t she close her mouth?
I don’t know her as a person so probably she’s perfectly likable in real life. (Trying to avoid being uncharitable here . . .) But in movies ugh. And what little I saw of the new movie really was not true to the book. The characters’ restraint is what makes the emotion in the book so compelling. And the “new” movie does away with most of the restraint. From what I saw.
Like I said I didn’t watch it. Just a few bits and pieces. I’m very fair and thorough that way when I form my opinions.
4. In happier news, my sister Lizzie had her baby! They are both doing well. I don’t know how much more I’m allowed to tell. Anyway, I’m pretty excited.
Speaking of younger siblings doing things one already has done . . . .
5. Advice: I used to dole out a lot of it. I also used to think I needed to take every bit of advice that came my way. Now, I’m pretty much done with advice. This article quite humorously discusses the reasons why.
Certain family members might roll their eyes at my asserting I’m through with giving advice. I guess I should say: I’ve cut back. I’ve come a long way.
6. And speaking of . . . uh . . . kids. Kids! I saw this little statistic about vaccines.
Apparenly, parents who are disinclined to get their kids vaccinated are even less likely to get their kids vaccinated after being given a pro-vaccine spiel. Makes perfect sense to me.
My kids are vaccinated (tho on a delayed schedule), but I detest the info sheets the doctor’s office hands out from the Center for Disease Control. My friend calls them “idiot sheets,” and I think that sums it up perfectly. “Hmm, you obviously think I’m dumber than dirt. So what all are you not telling me?”
7. I’m always wired after book club and tonight is no exception. Multiple hours of socializing! With multiple people at one time! I love it but it’s a lot for my reclusive system to handle.
Happy weekend everyone! Click over to Jen for more quick take posts.
*The “new” P&P was made almost nine years ago. #Ifeelold