(When you aren’t underweight to begin with)
1. Perspective: Over a year ago, I thought I wanted to lose weight. Now, I want to take my self of 20 pounds ago and give her a gentle shake on the shoulders. “Hey hot stuff, what are you talking about?” Then, I’d lick my finger, touch it to my old self, and go “tssssss.” Hawt.
2. Economy: Haven’t been tempted to go clothes shopping in months. Well, until this week. When I bought fat clothes.
3. More perspective: Not all my problems are caused by excess weight! I have more on my gut than ever before, and yet my lower back feels better than it has in a long long time. Not because of the extra weight, I’m sure, but despite it. Just due to the passage of time.
4. Um . . . hmm. The first few hours of a new diet are always exciting.
5. Uh. Well. . . . Nope, that’s all I’ve got.