2. I attended a blog conference last weekend, thanks to Julie Walsh‘s amazing hospitality and good planning. It was awesome. I got to meet blogging friends Julie, Rosie, Lisa, Cristina T., Cristina R., Erica, Mary and Abbey for the first time, and I got to meet new friends too.
3. Leah Libresco spoke at the conference. Leah is an atheist-to-Catholic convert who blogs at Unequally Yoked. Her book was just released yesterday, Arriving At Amen: 7 Catholic Prayers That Even I Can Offer, and I can’t wait to read it.
4. At the conference, Cristina T. spoke about the importance of having Pinterest-friendly images for your posts. I get a fair number (for me) of hits from Pinterest, even though my graphics are horrible. I imagine I could get a lot more traffic with a little time invested (though what’s the point of getting more traffic, since this makes me basically no money? Hmmmm. . . .). Anyway, every time I play around with making images on PicMonkey or Canva, they look dumb to me.
Like I took half an hour to play around on Canva, and ended up with this. Maybe it’s okay, I don’t know. But I couldn’t get it to save correctly (though I just now figured out a work around). I ran out of time and patience.
I’ve gotten pretty confident (or at least not self-conscious) with my writing but graphics are a different matter. The visual arts are just not my strong suit.
I have a list at the bottom of my blog, consistent of people I know in real life (“IRL”) who happened to have blogs when I started mine. And I haven’t changed the list since then, even though there are lots more people I know now IRL who have blogs. Plus I follow, like, 150+ blogs. But I don’t read each of their posts every time. So basically I don’t even know where to start with a blog roll. And what if you put someone on your blog roll but stop reading them; how do you politely take them off?
6. I am digging Carey Mulligan ‘s no-makeup look on the cover of the current issue of Vogue.
I’ve been rocking the no-makeup look lately, but Vogue hasn’t come knocking on my door yet. 😉
7. Happy weekend everyone. Click over to Kelly for more 7 Quick Take posts.