1. I wrote a quick little review of Kisses for Katie, over at Mary’s blog, Atelier. If you’ve read the book, I’d love to hear your thoughts.
2. I followed Mary’s advice for a Valentine’s night in, almost to the letter, and it was really nice.
We watched Romantic’s Anonymous on Netflix, which both (!) Pat and I found entertaining. I would have changed the ending though. (And does it bug anyone else that so many movies feature a male romantic lead so much older than the female romantic lead?) . . . Actually, never mind. I just looked it up and the lead actress is only 7 years younger than the lead actor. But man, she looks a lot younger. Anyway . . .
It made me want to watch more French films. It’s one thing to read about the Frenchwoman mystique, and quite another to watch it. I get it a bit more now.
3. My first attempt to rejoin the world of fingernail painters was a bust. I used Sally Hansen Hard As Wraps for a base coat (accidentally ordered the top coat instead of base coat), an old bottle of red Sally Hansen Hard as Nails, and the Vinylux top coat recently of Camp Patton fame. It was chipping before 24 hours was up, and by the end of the second day it looked like this.
But a bottle a OPI Sweet Innocence, per Nichole’s advice, is on its way to me.
4. Amazon sends me an email every day, apologizing profusely for a shipping delay with the aforementioned nail polish. It’s okay, Amazon, really, it’s okay. Whole lotta snow out there. I understand.
5. Pat was really sweet in how he ordered a Valentine’s Day gift for me. He went to my web browsing history and specifically looked for what I had viewed on Boden’s website. And he ordered me a dress. Unfortunately, I already had ordered myself the same dress and returned it, because it didn’t look good on me. But it was a really thoughtful idea.
6. I know I‘m not the only one excited by the newest Boden catalog. I’m finding that a lot of their stuff doesn’t look as good on me as it does on the models (surprise surprise). I’m hopeful to get at least a couple of winners for my summer momiform, though.
7. I finally replaced my old Sperry’s with a pair of pink Minnetonka Kilty mocs, for my requisite pair of casual-flats-with-which-I-can-wear-socks. They would look better without socks, but I just really really need socks. But anyway, I found them at our local general store for $7 less than Zappos! I hesitate to jump on the “buy local” bandwagon. When I see a “Do You Know Your Farmer” bumper sticker it just seems so smug and self-righteous to me. And plenty of virtuous people don’t have the time or money to buy local but feel guilty about it. And I hate that.
But every now and then you find just what you want locally for a good price, and it feels really good.
The end. Click over to Jen’s for more quick takes. Happy weekend!