- Remember that “what’s in your purse” thing that was going popular with a lot of blogs a year or two ago? A few days ago it occurred to me that I won at that game because I–no joke–had a bottle of champagne in my purse for most of the day. Just toting it around like a boss, along with 1233267809 items of crap.
2. I would love to figure out an outfit I could wear every day for a year. Maybe when I’m not pregnant, not postpartum, and not gaining weight for no discernable reason?
3. I got an email from one of our babysitters last week and it made my
day week month year:
Hi Mrs. ————-,
I feel badly that there are times that I am not doing anything, when you are paying me, since the girls are so well-behaved. Is there something else that I could be doing for you, such as laundry, making dinners, etc.? I really want to be helpful. See you tomorrow
Apparently my little
brats darlings are good for people, just not good for Pat and me. . . . If you live in my area and are looking for a babysitter, I might just share this young lady’s info. But only if you can convince me you won’t woo her away from me.
4. Speaking of Pat, he’s been working his tail off–every moment he’s not working his actual job–on the house. Funny how little things–things that are !just cosmetic! we assured ourselves at the outset–end up taking days and days and days. Like painting the whole. dang. house.
5. We’ve made a lot of progress though. For one thing: we unfinished the finished basement! Woohoo!
Kind of ironic right?
The thing is, along with the paneling and the nasty carpet, a lot of surface mold was removed by professional mold-remover people. So, truly, it is progress.
6. P.S. I’m glad I’m not British, because I have enough trouble with U.S.-style small talk. This is yet another reason I can look on Her Royal Highness Practically Perfect In Every Way without a twinge of jealousy because she does small talk for a living. I’m really glad I don’t have to.
7. Check in with This Ain’t’ the Lyceum for more quick take posts. Happy weekend!