Hello, my name is Laura. On Sundays, I go to Mass with my husband and children.
In my spare time I like to pretend I’m a fashion model.
** Update **
Per Stephanie’s sweet and very flattering comment, here’s a close-up of the skirt. It has a pattern made with gold thread:
Skirt is from LOFT (old-2010 I think); Cardigan is from Target (last year); Necklace is from Target (older still), Shirt is Old Navy (on clearance several months ago).
Surprise surprise! I looked up the shoes and they are still available: Lennox from Naturalizer. Quite comfortable, as heels go AND they come in wide width, which is a must for me. Worth the $$. Highly recommended. They do run a tad small though.
Oh, and that crooked picture on the wall? It’s on purpose. I do that occasionally as an impromptu exercise to fine tune my husband’s moral bearings à la That Hideous Strength.
P.S. I’m writing a series of posts on Style and the Stay-At-Home Mom, in which I will humiliate myself by detailing my own efforts in this regard. The first was posted yesterday. Hopefully it will be interesting to other SAHMs, other work-at-home types, anyone who (like me) dreads getting out of her pajamas each morning, and others who want a good laugh.
Okay, for more fashion and possibly some jokes that are funny to people other than just the writer, check out Fine Linen and Purple for their What I Wore Sunday link up!
Related articles &
- Style and the SAHM: Getting the Support You Need
- What I Wore Sunday: Polka Dots, Argyle, and Albuterol (thisfelicitouslife.wordpress.com)
- What I Wore Sunday: Polka Dots and Stripes (thisfelicitouslife.wordpress.com)
- Style and the Stay-at-Home Mom: The Quest
- Style and the Stay-at-Home Mom: Building the Uniform, Part 1 (thisfelicitouslife.wordpress.com)
- Style and the Stay-at-Home Mom: Building the Uniform, Part 2 (thisfelicitouslife.wordpress.com)